Monday, December 28, 2009

Luanda-ANGOLA


WoW... many days of silence! The truth is that i find it hard to say anything, when i don't know where i stand. I am in Luanda-Angola, after 4-5 years without coming, over 15 years living elsewhere, it's been exactly a week since i've arrived. At first i was extremely excited to come back here, to see my family, friends and see how the city had developed, but now i am almost ready to leave! I wish people's mentality and behavior had grown as much as the country did the past few years. So many things have changed, the city of Luanda has expanded so much, banks in every corner, malls with current movies playing in the cinemas worldwide, take-away, fast food places, good restaurants, even the television is a lot better and now one can actually spend a whole afternoon at home watching it, 4 new stadiums, beautifully done (the inauguration was done yesterday with the presence of the President of the republic) ... i think those are the things that had surprised me the most! In the meantime it is not easy to walk around or even drive around, it isn't safe, too many robberies, too many murderers for things like cell-phones, video cameras, money... It's sad, because it prevents people from enjoying the goodness the country is presenting. Many years ago when i left Angola, i had promised to myself not to return, i felt like i would never fit in here, with the passing of the years and seeing how so many people that have been abroad studying, so many of my friends had returned, my parents, my brothers and sisters, i felt like i could do the same, if they could, i could, why not, at the end, this is my country and this should be home, my whole family is here... unfortunately these days i'm coming to the same conclusion, this is not for me... but i wonder, will Angola ever be my HOME? ...

Soundtrack: I Wish, by Carl Henry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel you bro