Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Love New York!


I left O-town to NYC on Friday, i had lost the VMA's, but it was still ok to go, after calling my new yorker friend Joshua, i had made up my mind to go...
3 hours of drive, with my parents and two of their friends, a couple, Joana and Rogerio, there we were at the boarder... a endless line of cars with canadians going to the states for the long labor day weekend!
I was "bored as hell" (in hell i would be more entertained) but suddenly i see this group of Acrobats, that decided to leave their cars, they were loud, seemed like a party was about to start at the boarder, they were just showing off, streching, higher their legs to their heads, side kicks, mortal jumps, suspensions in the top of the cars... i felt like joinning them, they were having so much fun...but i didnt dare! I felt like a little kid looking outside of the window (like when i was a kid and punished, looking at my friends playing soccer, but i couldnt leave the house)! I kept on looking till it was our time to pass the boarder (thats how distracted i got) i couldnt tell i was there for more than 2 hours, so i really apreciated the show the acrobats, or whatever they were,.put on!
We were now in American territory!
Till Manhatan more 6 hours of drive, which made a total of 11 hours, in the car, but sometimes with 8 hours we get there!
It was late, or better, early, 6am, i went to bed! I needed to sleep properly, the long weekend was about to start!
Saturday Morning! Woke up, got dressed, ate, and i headed out with my sister, to go shopping... i had forgotten how it was shopping with a girl, each buy takes 30 minutes... so after 3 pairs of shoes, purses to match and so on... at 6.30pm we were finally done (a whole afternoon)... it was rainning a lot, Ernesto (Hurricane) was un-stopble, i called Joshua to set up the meeting, 8.30pm at Cafeteria (a sex and the city spot).
Before, i went to have a drink, i dont remenber the name of the bar, in Chelsea, i do remenber John, the bar-attender, a 23 year old californian that moved 4 months ago to NY, after leaving the army cuz he got his leg broken twice in different places, so now he is actually receiving a indemnizacion for it, like 38 thousand dollars... LOL... he joined cuz his father wanted him to be an arquitect, but he didnt want to go to school! So he joinned the Army!
He also said that the Army has different branches, that he puts them in this order:
1.Air Force (the easiest, if you wanna go to have a good time, and you got the brains, they call it the Pussies!)
2.Soldiers (not bad, thats what he did)
3.Nacional Guards (they are very well trainned, they all around the country they protect the states)
4.Navy (those are the ones that are sent out, like to Iran and shit, its hardcore, he saw two people commiting suicide)
I mean, i think i might be forgetting one, i'm not sure if its the Marines, but after trying for the First times 4 a drink called: "Sex in the Bath Tub", and having a soldier... you know what i mean, my focus level were a bit distorted! LOL... He told me where to go after, and he also came out to me, saying that now, he was trying to settle cuz when he left he was partying for 4 months straight, and he was trying to get his house together... so he couldnt join me... which was totally ok... i'm sure i'm going to see him again, i got the number and another thing he told me was that, if you join the army, and you dont wanna stay, you go to Jail, cuz its part of the contract... i mean... i have no intentions at all of joinning! I've thought about it, but not anymore, after what i heard!
OK... 8.50pm yeah i was late to meet Joshua at Cafeteria... me and Joshua have a story together, we have the same "EX"(my 3 year old relationship Ex), we always heard a lot about each other, cuz aparently we look alike (the style, the hair, eyes, some say even the smile, the characters are pretty similar too), one day we met up and just bonded, now we are just great, great friends! I havent seen him in ages, like 6-7 months, he looked great as usual, a bit stressed cuz of the fashion week that starts next sunday, he works for Loreal, the official sponsor for most of the fashion weeks in the world.
After dinner, we went to "Element"... the new spot... down on broadway... the music was fine, the people was great, we danced, but we're just both exausted, me cuz of my long hours shopping with my sister and him cuz he had been working till then... so we decided to go home, and Rest!
Sunday... if there is someone that knows how to wake me up is Joshy, he starts slowly waking me up like 2 hours prior the time i really have to be up, its just the greatest feeling! I felt like i had slept more than i actually did, i was finally with some energy, and happy to start to new day! We were up in the Harlem, we took the subway, he went to work, and i had been left alone, so i decided to make myself a treat by going to buy shoes! Then back to my House, but nobody was there, they were at the Brazilian Parade, on 46st 6av, so there i was! I mean, you cant go wrong with more than 1 million brazilians in a party mood (like always)... it was just Amazing! I felt home, shit, Adriana Lima all over the place, and Rodrigo Santoro i'm not even gonna mention! I spent the whole day there, alterning in between the Samba and Capoeira, it was 8pm when i was finally leaving exausted of the huge party, passing by Time Square (picture), when on 42st and 8av i see this group of Blatino Men, shirt-less showing of their rubber bodies (looked like), perfect bodies, they were 6, and they were selling a "Calendar" called: "The Gym Boys". I mean the only thing i regret is the fact that i didnt take a picture, or never dared to go talk to them, i never bought the calendar either... the ladies were going crazy! Just 6 tall, perfect bodied, black male, on the street, for you to touch if you want it... i wonder how many girls went home that night and used them as inspiration! LOL... anyway, NY has that kind of stuff!
I was going downtown, walking, the weather was nice, when i see the huge line up of men... and then i realized, it was 39st and 8av... "Escuelita" location, you know? i didnt really wanted to get in... i knew Romeo wouldnt be there, but... Patrik-Ian Polk, the director of the movie Punks, and the sitcom Noah's Arc (that people says i look like the main guy), was there! WOW... its been so long... 5 years, since the Punks Premiere, i have a song in that movie: "But I feel Love"... i asked him why was the line so big... he said: "Harmonica the resident drag-queen, had been off duty, for the past 5 months, she was very sick, but she is back, i guess people came to show her some Love"...
he added: "i brought some DVD's from the first season of my show, for promotion"
Great! I decided to stay... asking: "so what else is going on here?"
Patrik: "well they have the strippers competion"
LOL... its just my Luck, i try to run from it, but its there...
I watched it all, Patrik kept me company, it was great but i needed to move on...
He invited me to go to Brooklyn, but i couldnt really think of any more, longer than 30min trips, so i let him go, dropping me by with his limo at... HIRO...
... in Escuelita, you have the Black-Latinos... Guetto Vibe!
... in Hiro you have the White... Fashionista Vibe!
I have Fun in both, i'm just that kind of person, that "fits"... in most of the places! As long as i'm Pacient! LOL... The Hiro party used to be in Maritime hotel, and hosted by a good friend of mine, Eric, its definetly, if you come to NY, a place to be... on a sunday, if you are into the Pop Culture, you can always meet Boy George, George Michael, Janet Jackson, Missy Elliot, Pink, Paulina Rubio, Mariah Carey... or every top-model, like Naomi... they are residents of the house! Its a great Party! and the entrance its Free, but its Tough at the door... make sure you bring the Brands or look really "Fashion"! Or you come with ME! LOL...
The Party was good, but those fashionistas, "they dont fuck and they dont let fuck"... they are literaly a "pain in the ass" so i went to Splash... i hate that place... but my friend Juan was there and who else? partying gay style... Christina Aguilera... she was: Ok! The faggots were going crazy, suddenly the whole house music was by Christina!
I left... this time to go to Spirit at Avalon the ex Limelight (the church)... another great party... but it was too much "18 year old twinks"... i was not in the mood, for wannabe Punk or look at me i'm a rebel! i was like that too! So i moved again going to APT... and there i had a problem... LOL... the bouncer was New, his name is Damon (now i know)... i mean he made me wait an hour at the door... it was just fucked up... and he didnt let 2 friends of mine in, from Montreal... i saw him say the most absurds things to people, like this girl that instead of saying his name said: "hey" and then he said: "you dont hey me, good-bye"... and he never allow her in!... APT is another place... its vicious... very small, you can smoke inside... its kind of a private party but with perfect strangers... i was there for a bit... and guess who was there too? He yelled my name, i was like: "who what?" and then he shows up in the smoke: Romeo! He is Looking Great! He left with 2 girls... LOL... typical! He was upset at me cuz i didnt call! And then i went to "Crollbar", the ex sound-factory, re-newed... the party there was going up till tuesday... which means today... but i didnt stay that long... i needed to check every single new spot in town, after jumping-jumping... i just wanted to go to bed, and also cuz its the day i had to go back to Canada... in fact now i'm already writting from Canada! LOL... in the way we sang Happy Birthday to my MOM... today is her day Sep. 5th! I had a Great weekend! How was yours?

P.S.: Next week i'll be there for work purposes, from Sunday on... if you wanna join! It's fashion week!

Soundtrack: New York, New York By: Frank Sinatra

2 comments:

sammyray said...

Hey goofball, you need to calm down LOL I hate the attitudes in a lot of those places, which is why I try to avoid them and stay in low-key hangouts :)

Glad you had a nice trip. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!!!!!

Souleasterpop... said...

Thank you, i'll let my Mom know! Calm down? there is no such thing as low-key hangouts! LOL... not in NYC! LOL...