Thursday, August 17, 2006

Julio Iglesias and my 3rd Musical Aniversary!


3 years ago, today August 17, was the day that my life changed forever... LOL... (like every other day)... is it today Madonnas Birthday? i have to call that guuurl... LOL... i wish!
aight... well, yes... i was giving an interview for a tv channel in Luanda-Angola, in the pool yard of the hotel i was staying, Hotel Tropical *****! LOL... i was having a orange juice, in a round white table and Karina Barbosa, who is my agent in there was with me!
It was a sunny day, and a couple of miles away in the pool, there was the crowd of white bodies, burnning in the sun, suddenly this man, leaves the pool and comes , talks with a woman also there, his wife, and comes straight ahead, hitting my table...
saying: "bom dia, que fazem aqui, tu quem es?"( kinda, who are you?)
i said: "hola, soy Paulo, soy un cantante local" (in my perfect Castellano accent)
he said: "ah, y como hablas tan bien espanol?"
i said: "yo vivi en espana muchos anos"
he said: "pero si todavia eres muy jovenzito, y donde vives ahora, aqui no !?"
i said: "no, vivo en NYC"
he said: "que bien, yo vivo en Miami, dame tu musica, quiero oirla"
i handed him a cd...
he said: "cantas en ingles? muy bien, que internacional"
he touched my face, holding my sheen on his palm... he smiled at me and said: "que guapo!"
he left the place, drying his hair with a white towel...
and suddenly i realized... "that was Julio Iglesias"... WOW... my father (R.I.P.) "Loved this man"...
I got excited, LOL, yeah man, Julio Iglesias, an UN embassador, 70 cds released, more than god knows how many years of a brilliant career... such an inspiration...
I went to my room, yes, to rest and listen to some Julios old songs... when my room phone rang...
Me: "hello"
J.I.: "estas dormido muchacho?"
Me: "NO"
J.I.: "yo tengo una conferencia de imprensa ahora, ven a verme si quieres"
Me: "si, ahora voy"
of course, i did, how could i not go, i bet this man has a lot to talk about and so i have to Learn.
I got ready and went running to the Conference Room...
Ish... i openned the door, trying to be as silent as i could... i sit in the first chair i had close to me... at the top end of the room, everybody was at the bottom, all attent, to what he had to say... stuff like... how is the relationship with his children, how many times has he been married, why can't people photograph him from the up right side to what he responded:
"yo tengo ya muchos anos para sabesr cual es mi lado favorito"
(he likes all photogrphers under him and only taking pics of the left side of his face, this photo for example shows everything he hates hahahahaaha)... and so when someone asked:
"Julio in all the countries you go you always pick a girl to sing with you, have you heard angolan music, who are you gonna pick from Angola to sing with you?"
to what he responded:
"Paulito, ven aqui" (Paulo, come here)
LOL... GOD!... i wasnt sure of what i heard, i stood still, my legs were paralized... my body was shaking... "is he calling me there? for real?"

No comments: