Saturday, August 19, 2006

Where Am I From?





YES! do you know those flags? LOL... they are all from PALOP (Portuguese Spoken Countries)... Its Mom+Dad=Me. LOL...

But, even though i was born in Portugal, and i have a social security number and i pay for taxes there too, i dont own a Passport from there, and why? cuz the federal law says so.

Meaning: The law in Portugal that says that who is born in Portugal is a portuguese citizen was banned in 1981 after the enormous flux of imigrants from Africa: Angola, Mocambique, Guine Bissau, Cabo-Verde. Which were colonies of the Portuguese State untill 1975. Yes, Africa speaks portuguese too! But in my case, being from 1983, and being son of foreign parents, the state considers me an accident, meaning... its like as if my parents where travelling, my mom was pregnant and i was born while they were passing through Portugal... does it make any sence... arent pregnant women un-able to travell after the 7th month? i wasnt premature! Not only that but also the fact that my parents lived a "long beautifull love story" 6 years till i was born! So they were residents! Well... what i need is a Lawyer! So please... I'm waitting! Its now convinient for me to be a part of the European Comunity!

Soundtrack: We are the World, by: Michael Jackson and Friends!

No comments: