Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Paradise Destroyed!



A couple of years ago when i finished University in New York City, i decided to move to Portugal to start my career in the place where i was born: Lisbon. After getting a lil apartment, it was time to start putting the furniture on it! Such hard job for someone that had never ever than it... it was the call saying: I'm Independent!
Far from my friends, from my family, in a totally new place, with a new Love!
The first thing that occurred to me, was... i'm gonna paint... with paintings at least the walls will look filled and so its a start. After buying the boards and brushes there i was painting... better... fast, faking painting! So i did Paradise: the painting on the entrance that would show with no need for words exactly what i was about!
Paradise is the reflection of what i was living in the moment... my home was my celestian garden... with two Adams, and no Eve to betray the order of God! But i do live in sin, and if there is one i might as well go to Hell!
My home ended up being a very cozy place, where my friends would spend days, either sleeping or partying.. always with someone to share good and bad moments...
Today... this lil piece of heaven, its gone... someone decided to take it of me... to destroy it.
You wonder why? i wish i knew... Is there anything i can do? not anymore, its too late!
But the memories of it, will stay.. here and on my mind, i bet, in my friends too!
I feel sorry, very sorry... once again the Empire that i spent time constructing is destroyed in no time! When i got that house i made sure that everything i owned would be shipped there, that there would be my Home, my Base, it didnt matter where i would go, there was the place where i would end up at the end of the day, of the week, of the month, of the year... or decade!
I remenber the enthusiasm of getting my first king size bed, the first couch, the fridge, the micro-wave (up till now i havent learned how to cook), the sound system, the tv... wow!
Today... i'll have to put it all in a container and wait till i decide where i want to settle again!
But the question is... after this incident... will i want to settle again?
I'll live it day-by-day!
At the end... I'm a Nomad again!
The sound of this tragedy is: I Gotta Believe, by Yolanda Adams!

No comments: