Thursday, August 17, 2006

Julio Iglesias... the Press and the Show!


... after he called me... and i was finally able to react... i started walking down, walking down, my "hall of fame", all the reporters turned around and suddenly i was the "Star"... flashes flashes... me waving like Queen Elizabeth (just kidding)... big smile... the moment had come:
"(Luck) hits Paulo Pascoal big time" (Luck=when preparation meets opportunity)
Julio asked his manager to leave the spot for me... saying: "vete, Paulo aqui es tu lugar cerca de mi"... on his right side!
with a very gentle hug and a kiss on my cheeck, there i was sharing the same Press as "Julio Iglesias" that was for the first time in Angola! (which means the whole world was there) LOL...
J.I.: "Paulo es un amigo mio, que es de aqui, Angola, vivio en donde yo naci, Espana, y vive en donde vivo, U.S.A"
he looks at me smiling as if he was proud of me, and gives me another kiss...
J.I.: "Paulo vino a presentar su primer trabajo (looked at me) , que tienes a decir de tu trabajo?"
ME: "no se, voy a dejar que el publico lo juzge"
J.I.: "no seas tan modesto... eres bueno o no eres bueno? dime? tu tienes de saber quien eres antes que te expongas al juicio" (and there was my biggest lesson ever)
Me: "soy bueno"
J.I.: "cantas bien, eres guapisimo, eres ambicioso, iras muy lejos chico, buena suerte"...
and with that i had my musical career launched...
So launched, that i openned Julio shows in there and after in the world... we kicked ass together! Oh yeah...
I started being the Open Act for several artists... under managenment of Howard Pollack!
and i had a Great 2 years, till i decided to STOP... (love problems)
I have to apolagize to Julio Iglesias, for believing in me, and getting disappointed for my not existent drive at the time.. i was too young!

10 days after that date, was the release of my first album, August 26th 2003, I Wish That I! My first little baby!

Soundtrack: Divorcio, by: Julio Iglesias.

No comments: